7.20.2011

The Simple Things....


I am a simple girl.

And although I will admit that there are some simple things that really irritate me....

like ridiculously long lines at the store,
or SLOOOOW drivers in the fast lane........

There are so many simple things that make me very happy.

Like those times when my whole family (me, John & the kids) are sitting around, talking and laughing our butts off. Sometimes I stop in the middle of it all and tear up, because it's so simple, so sweet.

Like the close friendship that my daughter Shelbie has with my best friend's daughter. They are best friends too, and even if they don't talk for a while, they pick right back up. They love each other dearly. And I LOVE that.

Like a great song on the radio.

Like a GOOD sleep. Which, now that I'm working more hours, is much harder to obtain.

Like eating the vegetables that we grew in our garden.

Like banana Fanta Icees.

Like when my husband and I say exactly the same thing at exactly the same time. And then crack up.

Like a really good book.

Like when my kids' friends call me their 'other mom'.

There is no fancy thing in the world that can bring me as much joy as the simple things.

Linking up with Mama Kat for her Writer's Workshop.


15 comments:

Christy said...

Oh I hate slow drivers in the fast lane, but I love all the simple things you listed ... family, smiles and a good book sounds wonderful to me!

Amy said...

I love simple times too. And times when my kids are all together and getting along.

Susan said...

The simple things.... they make life grand!

Liz Mays said...

Those are wonderful things. Simple moments in a day that you remember!

Stacy said...

Those family times that just "happen" are the best. Love your simple list...they're all good. :)

diane rene said...

so true! and the simple things in life can't be planned - they just happen

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That was a great list. I love simple pleasures.

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

Visiting from Mama Kat's....I do love a good book...and sleep. Both of which I haven't had in a while! Loved your list.

Helene said...

I love all those simple things!! How sweet that your daughter is best friends with your best friend's daughter!!!!

There is nothing better than walking out to your garden and simply picking out a fresh zucchini to grill that night for dinner!!!!! Love that, too!!!

Patrice said...

Take time to enjoy the simple things! Visiting from Mama Kat's...

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! I love the simple things too, like playing Battle Ship with my boys and sleeping. Sleep is good!

Bill Lisleman said...

simple is good
A simple hello, smile - can make your day.
I posted about simple once but I don't remember when - last year maybe.
thanks for the reminder.

Kat said...

Love this.
It really IS the simple things in life. I completely agree. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said. It is the simple things for me too!

SortaSuperMom said...

I'd give anything for a good nights sleep, but -alas- I've got 3 boys and 1 is 6 months old.
Loved your list of 'simplicities'. Found you off Mama Kat -stop by my blog anytime!
~SortaSuperMom
http://confessionsfromboystown.blogspot.com