7.10.2011

The Definition of a Loyal Friend



I created this award a LONG time ago with the intent of giving it out periodically.
And I gave it out....once.

I know awards are not as popular as they used to be. But today when I checked my email, I immediately knew that I was dusting off this award and giving it out.

You see, Debby from Just Breathe has always been an awesome blog friend. She is a frequent commenter on my blog from way back. Even when I'm being a slacker commenter, I still get comments on my blog from Debby. She is a loyal friend. She's genuine, kind, and thoughtful. Her blog is like a breath of fresh air.

None of this is new; Debby has been a great friend and commenter for a long time. The reason I was so amazed today is that Debby has been out of the country for 3 weeks. She was in the UK, France and Italy (I think that's all, Debby, correct me if I missed any). During the time she was gone, she posted on her blog a few times and even visited some blogs.

But then today, now that she is back...she filled my inbox with comments. She came and read all of my blog posts that she missed while she was gone - and commented on each and every one! Who does that? Well clearly, Debby does, because she is awesome.

Instead of clearing her reader and starting fresh, she took the time to catch up with me (and I'm sure, many other blog friends).

There's no way I can let that go unnoticed. Debby, you rock as a blog friend! Thank you so much for your loyalty & support!

Do what you wish with this award; you can pass it on, keep it all to yourself, absolutely anything. No obligations - I gave it to you simply because you are the very definition of a Loyal Blog Friend!

I'm so glad you had a wonderful vacation, and I'm so glad you're back!

Everyone else - go visit Debby at Just Breathe
and read about her European adventures!



10 comments:

Unknown said...

:) That is awesome. :) I'm off to check out her site. :)

Buckeroomama said...

That's super sweet of her. She sounds really awesome. :)

Tara R. said...

That is incredible! What a great blog friend to have.

Unknown said...

WOW! I am off to check out her blog. She truly deserves this award!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Are you kidding me! This is the sweetest thing, I am so honored.
I've been getting caught up for days and have about 300 more to go through today. Blogging changed my life 2 years ago and these friendships mean the world to me.
I am so glad to have you as a friend and appreciate this award so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you....((HUGS))

Stacy said...

Debby sounds more than worthy of the award. I'm heading over to check out her blog now. :)

Katherine said...

I love when a blog buddy comments on something and mentions a previous post. I always check up on my "own buddies" and with several I have to look back.... How neat would it be to see everyone in person!

Kimberly said...

That is so sweet! I'm heading over to check hers out!

Claudya Martinez said...

It's true. She is awesome. She did the same for me.

Mary said...

Gee...I thought I was special because she had gone back and read (and commented on) a lot of my posts!
She is awesome, amazing, and just an all-round wonderful person!