3.10.2011

Hello, World



I'm joining Mama Kat's Pretty Much World Famous Writer's Workshop again this week. The prompt I chose for today is:
5.) A song with significance.

This is a relatively new song from Lady Antebellum. It's the type of song that can be interpreted in more than one way. But it really speaks to me, because it reminds me of the feeling of coming out of a dark depression, and recognizing the beauty all around us. It's always there, but depression can rob you of the ability to see it, and appreciate it.

Traffic crawls, cell phone calls
Talk radio screams at me, through my tinted window I see
A little girl, rust red minivan, she’s got chocolate on her face
Got little hands and she waves at me
Yeah, she smiles at me

Well, hello world
How you been
Good to see you, my old friend
Sometimes I feel cold as steel
Broken like I’m never gonna heal
And I see a light, a little hope in a little girl
Hello world

Every day I drive by a little white church
It’s got these little white crosses
Like angels in the yard
Maybe I should stop on in, say a prayer
Maybe talk to God like he is there
Oh, I know he’s there
Yeah, I know he’s there

Well hello world
How you been
Good to see you, my old friend
Sometimes I feel as cold as steel
And broken like I’m never gonna heal
And I see a light, a little grace, a little faith unfurls
Well hello world

Sometimes I forget what living’s for
And I hear my life through my front door
And I breathe it in
Oh, I’m home again
And I see my wife
Little boy and little girl
Hello world
Hello world

Well the empty disappears
I remember why I’m here
Just surrender and believe
I fall down on my knees
Well hello world
Hello world
Hello world

Watch on YouTube




Mama’s Losin’ It




13 comments:

Dumb Mom said...

I am so a lady fan! Thanks for sharing how it touches you with us, I'm so musically superficial I often forget how significant songs can actually be to people. I generally select songs based on their ability to let me get my groove on or practice my high, Mariah Cary, notes. Dumb Dad tendbto hate the music I like best.

Jennifer said...

I've never heard this song- thank you for sharing. I like some the L.A. songs...they are so talented!
(**Visiting from MamaKats**)

amygrew said...

I love this song!!!!

Visiting from Mama Kat's

Susan said...

One of my most favorite songs... the first time I heard it I was running. I just put my music on shuffle to run and I had just imported this cd. I had to stop for a few seconds when the song was over to catch my breath because I was so overcome with emotion..... good songs do that to you the first time you hear it.

brainella said...

I love this song. Lady Antebellum is fantastic. I'd never seen the video -- need a tissue.

Crystal said...

What a great song! I love music...it speaks to me, it's how I talk to GOd. Thanx for sharing you relationship with this song with all of us. I'm visiting from Mama Kat's.

Liz Mays said...

Amen to seeing the world again!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Glad that you're past the dark place.

The one thing I noticed when I was depression-free was color - it was no longer muted.

April said...

I love that song...AND Lady Antebellum! They sure know how to tell a story with their lyrics, don't they?

Anonymous said...

What beautiful lyrics... I'd never heard of this song before, so thanks for sharing :)

Brandy@YDK said...

gorgeous song.

Jessica said...

I hadn't heard this song from Lady yet. I like most of their other stuff but I haven't been listenting to the radio lately. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica
http://mytimeasmom.com

Jenna said...

i hadnt listened to this Lady A song yet or watched the video. Powerful. And timely for me. Glad it resonates with you but that you are in a different place! stopping by from mamakat's linkup