9.08.2010

The Snail Mail Project Update





As many of you know, back in May I started The Snail Mail Project. Anyone who is interested emails me, and I match them to a pen pal, or Snail Mail Partner. Then the two of you exchange real letters, you know, the paper kind? Via the Post Office. Remember that place?

Anyway, I am really enjoying the Snail Mail Project. I have two partners, one in California and one in England. I feel like exchanging letters has brought us closer and given us a different look into each others' lives. I've sent little tiny token gifts, postcards, cards, and of course, letters. I've received the same thing.

{a post box keychain from my England SMP} ~



My England Snail Mail Partner has a daughter the same age as my oldest daughter, and they have exchanged letters as well.

{a panda keychain from Shelbie's SMP} ~


And Elayna, my youngest daughter, has two Snail Mail Partners. They exchange letters and Silly Bandz, and she absolutely LOVES it!

I love to get updates on what's going on with all of the participants, and if they're enjoying their SMP experience. Also, if your SMP isn't participating, I'm happy to find a new one for you.

This is an ongoing project, so if you would like to join in, leave me a comment or email me directly at puttingthefunindysfunctional(at)gmail(dot)com.


If you blogged about your Snail Mail experience, please link up here so we can all visit you and see what you have been up to!

Thanks again to all Snail Mail Project Participants.

xoxoxo

10 comments:

Erin said...

Hook me up! I'm game! =)

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Cyndy
Just linked up. Jessica and I are really enjoying your snail mail project. Thanks for organizing it.
Lindsay
x

Cascia Talbert said...

That sounds like a great idea! When I was a kid I used to have pen pals.

Claremont First Ward said...

Such a GREAT idea. I had pen pals growing up and there is nothing like receiving a real letter in the mail!

Melani said...

Sorry, I have not been reading or posting in a while, it has been really crazy since school started and trying to get back in the swing of things. Will write soon!

Brandy@YDK said...

it's hard to do the snail mail thing. I think because me and my partner communicate so much through our blogs, ya know? I am glad you partnered us up because it was like finding a new friend.

TheFitHousewife said...

So far, my snail mail partner and I have exchanged letters twice. Thanks for the hookup and it's a wonderful idea!

He & Me + 3 said...

That is a great idea. I love to get mail and find fun stuff in my mailbox other than bills.

Myya said...

I am so hoping that one of these days I catch up with life & can do this. Looks like so much fun!

Ashley Sisk said...

What a great project - if I wasn't already participating in another pen pal project, I would be signing up! Everyone loves to get real mail. I just got 2 fantastic letters and loved it. Hope you have a great weekend.