9.24.2010

Sickness, Soccer, & Serendipity

That's what this week has been all about!

Sickness: Elayna's, mine, now John's. She generously passed her germies around.
She's fine now, I'm on the mend, and John just got sick last night.




Soccer: Andrew started soccer this week and he LOVES it. I don't know anything about the finer points of the game, but from what I can tell, he's doing great so far! His first game is tomorrow (already!!). I'm totally digging the soccer mom thing!



Serendipity: At soccer practice, I struck up a conversation with another soccer mom.
Now, this right here is out of character for me, especially at only the second practice. I'm not outgoing. I'm not rude, I just keep to myself, especially in the beginning. I usually take a while to crawl out of my shell (see why I like turtles?).
Anyway, I just went up and started talking to this particular mom, and I am so glad I did. I can't say a lot right now, but she is currently doing something that I am VERY interested in doing, and she gave me a ton of information and helpful tips. I am super excited! And the fact that I happened to talk to her, of all the people there, out of the blue....it was definitely not coincidence.

Oh...and one more bonus "S"....Starbucks, the fuel of soccer moms everywhere!

(they spelled my name right, I had to get a pic!)

Go visit Mrs 4444s for more Friday Fragments, and have a great weekend!

Mommy's Idea

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't agree more...Starbucks is definitely the fuel of soccer moms!!

a49erfangirl said...

Hope you all get to feeling better. I loved it when my son played soccer. I had a blast. I even coached it for two years.

Brandy@YDK said...

Awesome. fate is fun huh?

said...

Ha ha! It's the little joys that make the sicknesses of life bearable. So glad they spelled your name right. :)

Being a soccer mom is fun. I was surprised to find out I was one, and love it! Kaya's starting cheerleading soon; can't wait to see what that'll be like.

I love serendipity...especially the word, and the movie. And of course, the meaning! Sheer delight.

I sure enjoy you.

Anonymous said...

i hope you all get rid of the germies soon.

4 Lettre Words said...

Wow...hope everyone is 100% soon! That's no fun.

Have a wonderful Fall weekend. XO!

diane rene said...

well darnit! you have piqued my curiosity! I wanna know what you talked about ;0)

glad you are liking the soccer mom deal and even MORE glad that Andrew is digging the sport. I don't know what I will do when I have no more kids playing ... I can't even think about it.

Glad you guys are almost done passing those germs around - hoping everyone is in perfect health very soon!

Mrs4444 said...

Sorry you were sick, glad you've recovered (being a soccer mom requires a lot of stamina! :)

Erin said...

Now I can't wait to find out what you talked to that other mom about!

I am sick now too, but it's not any kind of barfy thing and that is perfectly okay with me!

Glad you are on the mend!

C said...

i loved it when my kids played soccer. 3 out of 4 did at different times. fun times. i hope everyone feels better soon!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad your on the mend. It's fun to see your excitement in being a Soccer Mom. I believe you had a Godincidence!! Hope the games goes well.

Myya said...

YAY for spelling your name right. Mine is NEVER right, so I KNOW how important this can be :)

Myya said...

Oops sorry, I totally got caught up on the name spelling & forgot to comment on the rest.
Hope John gets better quick & that the germ bugs are gone! Cute pic by the way.
Soooooo excited to find out waht is going on with the other soccer mom. YAY for fate meetings!!! :)

Seizing My Day said...

Being a soccer mom is wonderful! Every season I feel more proud of my little girl!! ;) Love that the fine folks at Starbucks spelled your name right!! he he! Can't wait to hear what you are up too!! (we love some of the same things... owls... turtles... Frog and Toad! good coffee... he he!) ;) hope y'all feel 100 percent soon!

anymommy said...

You know I loved that last one! So glad you met someone at just the right moment. Funny how that happens.

Kristin - The Goat said...

There are no accidents! How great that you met someone that connected with you and that you now have secrets with :)

Enjoy Soccering!

Kristin - The Goat