9.07.2010

Alligators: Watch Out for those Humans!


We had a pretty awesome weekend. It goes without saying that it went by way too fast, but still, it was great. I was off on Sunday night, which was even better!

On Friday night, I took my girls out to dinner. We had a blast! Shelbie was being all emo because she was originally planning to go to a movie with friends, but then the friends weren't able to go. But Elayna & I got her out of her bad mood and had her cracking up! It was fun....I'm not sure we're welcome back at Olive Garden though...... ;o)

On Saturday, the girls went to the Gator game. They had a great time. After we picked them up, we went to the mall. Elayna got a new Build-A-Bear, and Shelbie got clothes for one of hers (yes, she's a teenager, and the clothes were a soccer uniform. Coincidentally, her boyfriend is a soccer player. Heh.) Shelbie had a friend spend the night Saturday night.


On Sunday, we took the girls to lunch and ran some errands. Shelbie spent the night with her friend Sunday night, and we let Elayna choose the restaurant for dinner (can you tell I did not cook at ALL this weekend? It was a nice break!) She chose a Mexican place and it was yummy. Tim was at work, so it was just me, John, and Elayna.

Since Tim was off on Monday, I wanted to take the kids somewhere fun. Shelbie stayed with her friend, and Andrew was with his grandma all weekend, but Tim and his girlfriend came with us, and Elayna brought her friend Emma along. We went to Manatee Springs.



At Manatee Springs, they want the alligators to swim with caution! The rest of us can apparently throw caution to the wind and swim with reckless abandon.


It was a beautiful day, and not nearly as crowded as we expected.

We went for a hike in the woods.

We grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and cheetos.
Don't ask.

Elayna said grilled cheetos are yummy!

I somehow managed to not take any pics of Tim & Jess, but I found a few on my camera anyway. Sneaky teens.


I also got my new freezer ordered on Monday and it will be delivered on Wednesday. It's a small chest freezer, and I absolutely am SO excited to get it! Yes, I'm serious. What can I say? It's the little things!

I hope y'all had a great & long weekend!
Reminder: Tomorrow is the Snail Mail Project post link up!

15 comments:

heather@actingbalanced.com said...

hmm... grilled cheetos... sounds interesting ;) glad you had a good time!

4 Lettre Words said...

What a great place to swim!

So glad you had a wonderful weekend. We headed up to Chattanooga for some Fall'ish fun!

Cheryl D. said...

What a great weekend! That looks like a beautiful place to swim. Why do they assume that the alligators can read? That's odd ;P

April said...

Now, if that isn't a perfect weekend you had, I don't know what is! :)

Brandy@YDK said...

that place is gorgeous - alligators or no.

The Mommy Mambo said...

So did you see any alligators? Or left over limbs from previous swimmers?

shortmama said...

Sounds like a fun time...the water there is beautiful!

brainella said...

I unintentionally ate lunch with alligators once. It was at the Merritt Island wildlife refuge -- I could SEE the gators but no one was alarmed. I was alarmed. I ate really fast and returned to the car.

Sandra said...

Sounds like a decadent weekend indeed.
I like how you describe a bad mood as being "emo." I'm going to use that now! I'll give you full credit :)

Myya said...

That place you went swimming is GORGEOUS!!! I know what you mean about your freezer, when I finally got mine I was all giddy. The thought of going grocery shopping & having a place to actually put stuff made me so happy!

Liz Mays said...

The color of the water there is amazing! I love how you managed to not have to cook all weekend. That was a perfect weekend!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend.
No cooking is the best part! The springs are beautiful. Really there are alligator there?

Erin said...

Looks like the best weekend! You have all the cool places to go to....gators and swimming places and grilled cheetos...sounds PERFECT!

Melani said...

That place is beautiful! I love the pic of Tim and his girl, so cute!

We had a relaxing weekend and BBQ'd Sunday at my parents house with my sister and her family, it was fun...but the little ones are fighting a cold

Crystal Escobar said...

Oh wow, I would absolutely LOVE to visit a place like that! The water is so beautiful!