7.13.2012

Things I've Learned This Week

Things I've Learned this Week:

1. Even the super-health-conscious know that it's criminal to waste bacon.

2. Utter morons will believe ANYthing they hear, no matter how ludicrous.  It's hilarious.

3. I have some great friends who will go out of their way to help me out and expect nothing at all in return.  And I love them!

4. If someone calls you determined to argue with you, and you agree with them, they will be so flustered that they will STILL argue with you - then hang up on you!  Again, hilarious.

5. I haven't dealt with real work place stress in a long time, but I've had some this week.  Some people think their way is the only way and anything else is not simply different but WRONG.  Fortunately for me, my employers know better.

6. Also, people think that sweet Southern girls don't have a backbone.  Things THEY learned this week: they are VERY wrong.

7.  It's okay to ask for, and accept, help.  I can't do it all myself, and that's okay too.

8. Lifelong Yankees CAN be converted to good old Southern cooking.  Shrimp & grits help this transition greatly.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!


7 comments:

♥ Becky ♥ said...

I LOVE this list!!!! Especially #'s 3, 5 and 6!!! :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Great list! Nothing better than awesome friends. Have a great weekend.

Amy said...

And when a southern girl says "bless your heart", it can mean any number of things. ;) Some of them not so nice. *giggle*

Love your list!

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

Oh Girl! Sounds like you are still having a time of it, but you are so strong and have a sense of humor! And I'm a convert, but not to shrimp and grits... I do grits, but NOT shrimp!

Tara R. said...

No one should underestimate GRITS (Girls Raised in the South).

Bill Lisleman said...

Grits are special for me since they are not served much around here. Work stress really sucks. One way to eliminate that stress also kinda sucks the money out of your bank account.

Kat said...

All very good lessons! :)