5.27.2009

Wordful Wednesday - A Boy and His Cat

Wordful Wednesday
A while back, one of the nurses with whom I work asked me if we could take in a cat. She had found him as a kitten, injured on the side of a road, and nursed him back to health. For several reasons, she felt that it was best that she rehome him. We decided to take him into our zoo home and that he would be Andrew's cat.

At first, Wall-E was very scared and timid. He hid a lot, especially from Lilly, the Evil Ruler of the Cat World. But now, he's really come out of his shell and he LOVES Andrew.

When we were watching movies the other night, Wall-E came over to Andrew to get some cuddles.




(I love this picture. The smile of contentment on Andrew's face says it all.)

And in other news...Charlie, who is Elayna's cat, has come out as a cross-dresser.
He was proudly carrying my purse!



Good thing we're open minded in the DysFUNctional household. He can let his freak flag fly!


Go visit Angie for more WordFUL Wednesday posts!



**Please excuse the terrible quality of these pictures. My digital camera broke and I still haven't replaced it. If you're tired of looking at these crappy photos and would like to send me a new digi, I will be happy to provide you with my mailing address!! =D **

18 comments:

FranticMommy said...

Wall E! Love that cat name! He's a pretty kitty too. My sister always had a knack for cat names. Her last two cats were Toonses and Artie Cat. Great post!

Crazee Juls said...

hee hee, I cracked up outloud at "freak flag fly". That's great. :)

Karen in Texas said...

I love the pics Cyndy. Andrew does look content in that picture. We've had a few freaky cats over the years too.

GypsiAdventure said...

Oh I love the name - Wall-E is too cute and the cat with the purse...'I can has fashion too' he says! :)
~K

Kim said...

I love the name Wall-E.. my son would flip over that!!! Such adorable pictures!!

Jennifer said...

LOL! You've got some great kitties there!

Mrsbear said...

I love the one with the kitty clutching the purse, he looks so proud!

~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack said...

Stopping by your blog for the first time and wanted to say HELLO!!!! Love the pics of the kitties!!!!

Muthering Heights said...

They are so precious together!

MG @ MommyGeekology said...

Ha ha, that pic with the purse is adorable.

Momisodes said...

LOL! I love your house. The cross dressing is too funny! That is awesome your cat's name is Wall-E.

anymommy said...

So incredibly cute!

Helene said...

You crack me up! I love the comment about the freak flag flying!! Cute pictures...the kitties look so content!

On a side note, my daughter is peeking at my screen over my shoulder and she wants to know if you know ET personally since you have him riding his bike in your header. I didn't have the heart to tell her it wasn't actually ET.

Jenners said...

I love the name Wall-E for a cat!! And I love your freaky little kitty ... how kind of you to be so accepting of his lifestyle!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

cute...love those cuddles.

Danyele Easterhaus said...

cute...love those cuddles.

Laura Marchant said...

lol you are funny! Freak flag fly, lol

Aubrey said...

Cute! LOL

I have been trying to talk my hubby into letting me foster cats & dogs. So far it is a NO.