As many of you know, we recently moved. There are a lot of changes & adjustments involved in moving. Let's discuss some of them.
1. We moved from a house way back in the woods to a house in a neighborhood near a relatively busy road. Before, if we heard a car pull up, someone was visiting us. Now, there are cars riding around us all the time. We feel popular - for a minute..........
2. We are now walking distance from a store. A store that sells Diet Dr Pepper (and Mike's Hard Lemonade). Hallelujah!!
3. I will NEVER move my armoire again. I will burn that bad boy. It will kick your ass, then stomp on you while you're down.
4. Taking your son shopping for bedding, towels, etc. is a very bizarre experience. Fun, but sad.
5. Working for nine straight days immediately after moving is NOT something I recommend! Usually I am unpacked within a day or two of moving. We're 2 weeks in here and not even close! I'm a flipping zombie.
6. If I hear the question, "Mom, do you know where _____ is?" ONE MORE TIME I'm going to put a hole in the wall. WITH MY HEAD.
.....and last but certainly not least.....
7. It's important to remember that we now have neighbors. Particularly when some of our windows do not yet have any curtains or blinds. (sorry, new neighbors!)
P.S. I had a very nice Valentine's Day & I hope you all did too!