10.24.2010

Sundays in my City

Unknown Mami



We've had a very full weekend. Not busy, because it's been very relaxed. No rushing around. Just laid-back, doing what we want and enjoying ourselves.

Friday night John and I had a date night. We went to dinner and a movie. We saw
Paranormal Activity 2.


Holy Scarethecrapoutofme. That movie is great! I liked it even more than the first one.


On Saturday, Andrew had a soccer game in the little town of Newberry, Florida. We left early and hit a few garage sales, and found two beds for our boxer, Sofia, that were in great condition. She is thrilled with them! The soccer game was a tie, 2-2, which is the best Andrew's team has done so far, so we were happy! We take what we can get.
The Newberry Festival was this weekend, so we hit that up after the game.
Then we decided to stop by Dudley Farm. Neither of us had been there before, although we've driven past it many times and some of the kids have been there on school field trips. It's an old family farm dating back to the 1800's which was donated to the state of Florida.

This was on the trail leading back to the farm.

All of the cows were literally crying
because their babies had been taken to market the day before.
Just so we can have cheeseburgers?!?!
How does that make you feel???
What's that? HUNGRY?
Yeah, me too. *sigh*

a tobacco barn

the home itself

mail, anyone?

Nope! Just a nest.

We enjoyed our visit there and plan to go back soon with all of the kids.
For the rest of Saturday, we did some shopping and then went home where I made dinner....Greek food...it was delicious!

Today is Sunday. We went to church this morning, then visited John's firstborn son's grave, which I'll be blogging about more later.



This evening, we're going to a church event; it's a campfire at the farm of a family from our church. I made cookie/brownie bars, and they're grilling hot dogs and everyone is bringing a dish. We're looking forward to a good time!

So, that's what's up in my city and the surrounding area. Visit Unknown Mami for more Sundays in my City!

10 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Paranormal Activity just might get me to the theater!

Poor mama cows :(

Hope you have a great week!

Mama Wheaton said...

Sounds like a very nice weekend, we haven't done so much ourselves but it has been a pleasant and relaxing weekend.

Claudya Martinez said...

Really, the cows were crying? I didn't know cows did that. I'm such an ignorant city girl. It gives me compassion for the cows.

It's so nice to see you on a Sunday.

Tara R. said...

Dudley Farm looks like a very cool place to visit.

The mama cows make me sad... I didn't know they did that either.

Joanna Jenkins said...

You are good! I can't do scary movies, I'm a wimp.

Love the nest in the mailbox :-)

Happy SIMC, jj

Kristin - The Goat said...

No scary movies. Not for me. I stayed in Newberry, SC on the way to Michigan. I've also been to Newberry Michigan, but I haven't been to Newberry, FL :)

I'm sorry to hear that your husband lost his first child.

Kristin - The Goat

Erin said...

I heard that paranormal activity is a little creepy, I have yet to see it! Maybe for our next date night!

I love the pic of John at his son's grave, so sweet! I'm sending lots of love your way!

And aww those poor cows! I don't eat the cows...or pigs for that matter...but the chickens and turkeys....LOVE IT!

RNSANE said...

What a delightful weekend. Except for the mourning mommy cow part. I wonder how long animals suffer when separated from their offspring!!

Sad, also, about the baby son's grave. I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child.

Myya said...

No thanks on the scary movie, I am a big ole chicken! Loved all the pictures of the farm, looked so peacful & beautiful.

♥ Kathy said...

aww the babies got taken away :( but yeah, I still want to eat them lol sounds like you had a great day..I'm getting ready to cry now because I'm heading to your next post and it looks like one that's gonna get me. See you there..