6.14.2010

The Week in Review

I have to say, I really enjoyed my time away! Not that I don't LOVE blogging, but it was nice to have a break.
So, many of you asked what I did during my time away.
Let me tell you, it was a very busy week!

First of all, as you may have noticed unless you're reading in a reader (Hi!!!), I revamped my blog. I LOVE IT. Do you? Please grab my new button!







Also, I fought the British.


Then, I gave in and let them win.


(this is my highly exaggerated way of telling you that my in-laws wanted Andrew to spend the entire summer with them, and although John & I don't think it's totally in his best interest, we decided not to fight the issue.)

We debated, and decided against, opening a can of worms indirectly related to Andrew's biological pathetic excuse for a mother. We'll keep her, and everyone remotely related to his life with her, out of sight and out of mind.




I graduated one child from the 8th grade.




I took another one to All - Star softball tournaments.



And the oldest one is officially a high school senior.



Needless to say, my break wasn't exactly restful!
I'll be elaborating and posting pictures about many of the above-mentioned things throughout the week. Thank you all for stopping by, and I can't wait to get back into the swing of blogging! I hope you had a great weekend & have a great week!

16 comments:

shortmama said...

Sometimes a little break is just what we need, I know I enjoyed mine!

Lindsay-ann said...

Sounds like you had an enjoyable week with your kids. Hope you have a more relaxing week this week. LOVE your new look blog. The owls are adorable. Glad you are back. Missed you.
Lindsay
x

Mrs4444 said...

Welcome home!! Your new digs are adorable and unique. Any chance you'd shrink that button a little? Good Lord, Girl! Could you have made it any bigger?!

Smellyann said...

Love the owls! Welcome back. Sounds like a busy break. :)

C said...

lerve your new look! glad you had some good time off, too.

i know it is so hard to let one of the kiddies go for the summer but he will prolly have a great time and good memories too!

c

Karen in Texas said...

Welcome back Cyndy. Love the new background. Sounds like you had a really busy but fun week. Can't wait to see all the pictures.

Liz Mays said...

It's very cute here! Bloggy breaks are so necessary and they help keep it all fun!

4 Lettre Words said...

LOVE your new look!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like a great break. They are growing up pretty fast! Looking forward to seeing the pictures. Glad you took time off to live life.

Kristin - The Goat said...

Welcome back to your remodeled house! It looks great!

Kristin - The Goat

Heather said...

OMG, you blog is so precious now-- I LOVE the layout! :) it sounds like you have been super busy, i can't wait to hear more!

Tracie Nall said...

Whew! You were super productive...and the new look is great. I love it!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Wowzer girlie you've been very busy no rest for the wicked :)

Melani said...

I have missed reading your blog, although I am behind (again) oh well, at least I am reading and posting...I am feeling better. :)

said...

I'm so happy to have you back. :)

Twisted Fencepost said...

Busy, busy, busy. I can relate.
I can also relate to the fact that sometimes you have to pick you battles.