1.29.2010

Friday Fragments ~ Frazzled!

Dude, we are getting our butts kicked tonight at work! It's insane here, and this is the first time I've had a chance to BREATHE since I got here!
WHEW! I was turning blue! (Speaking of which....if you choke a Smurf, what color does he turn? Hmm? Something to ponder.....)
At least it's now officially ~FRIDAY~ and time to Fragment!


~~ I mentioned in the beginning of this month that I had been very indulgent over the holidays, and I was going to get back into my healthy eating habits. I did...and I've lost 6 pounds! Yay me!

~~ I posted my Chicken & Dumplings recipe over at Southern Loving - check it out!

~~ I got a new phone and I absolutely love it. I thought it would just be ok, ordinary, another phone, but it's awesome!

~~ I was having a thoughtful night recently and posted this on my facebook:
"As I've grown older and wiser, I've learned to accept the flaws that I can live with, work on the flaws the I can't live with, and be at peace with myself." It's my new motto.

~~ It's taken me nearly two hours to write this relatively short post because we are so busy!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

**For more Friday Fragments, visit Half Past Kissin Time!**


20 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Love that motto...and chicken & dumplings! Going to check out the recipe now...

annies home said...

losing 6 lbs is a wonderful start. Now all I am wondering is what you do for a job I worked as a nurse and there were times that were very fast paced, my children have worked in restraunt and told me about rushes and my son in law works in a factory where it is mundane but goes very fast some nights

won said...

Six pound loss?!

Yeah for you. And that followed by a chicken and dumplings recipe. I know I'm doing something wrong.....

Eternal Lizdom said...

Great job on the 6 lb!

Love the deep thoughts.

What's your new phone?

kristi said...

Love the motto! I love getting older!

Stefany said...

Good for you on losing 6 pounds. I am working hard and only lost a bit more than that. :)

I got a new phone this week too. Fun!

Unknown said...

congrats on your 6 pound weight loss! that is awesome! i love your new motto! i think i'll incorporate that one into my life, too!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wow, busy, busy! You have a great weekend too.

Kat said...

Great job on the 6 pounds! Wow! And I love your motto too. :) Happy Friday!

Tara R. said...

Hope you have a wonderful, and peaceful weekend.

shortmama said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Love the motto

Claudya Martinez said...

Congratulations on losing 6lbs. I think I found them.

Your motto is awesome.

Mrs4444 said...

Well, I'm glad you checked in, then! Thanks for fitting Fragments in :)

I got an LG Script this week, and I do love it, but I need to find the time to learn how to USE it!!

Great job on the weight loss-Yea, You!!

Have a mellow weekend... :)

Kelly L said...

Love the motto - now going to go get your recipe.. chicken and dumplings...yummy!

Love to you
Kelly

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Hope your night slowed down!!!

YAY on losing 6 pounds!! You go girl!

mub said...

I love chicken and dumplings, yum!

The new motto sounds good to me =)

Momo Fali said...

It took me many years to accept my flaws. Now I own them, because life is TOO short!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I don't feel terribly busy and yet I can't seem to have an entire thought without it being interrupted. I love a phone that makes me happy. I have one of those now - so glad you do, too!
Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Seizing My Day said...

Laughing so hard at the smurf comment! ;) My kids love watching the smurfs right now... takes me back! I was very naughty on my healthy eating plan in Dec too.. gained back 6 of the 8 lbs. I had lost since Sept... alas... I have lost the 6 "Christmas" lbs too!! ;) Thanks for the giggle!
Jenn~

Crochet Bug said...

COngrats on the 6 lbs!! That is great!