It's been a rough week on so many levels, and I am SO glad it's Friday! We don't have anything exciting planned this weekend, just R&R. Much needed R&R.
It's Fragment time!
* I'm very seriously considering transferring to a day shift position within my hospital (but NOT my unit). In fact, I have three applications in. It's a big change, but night shift is wearing me out. I think it's time.
* My blogger friend Meaghan of http://cancerlost.blogspot.com/2009/04/update-on-how-surgery-went.html had surgery this week. She had to have a kidney and a rib removed. I can't imagine how painful this was for her! And some people say cervical cancer is not much of a risk and not a big deal. @@ I dare them to say that to Meaghan! *ETA: I can't get the blog to link properly, but it's I Kicked Cancer's @ss. Go visit and send her gentle hugs!*
* We're going to visit a new church this weekend. I've been there before with the kids but hubby has never been. I'm excited! It's a very friendly, peaceful place.
* We may be getting a litter of kittens to foster this weekend. Stay tuned! There will be pictures of the fluffy cuteness.
* We went lights-out for Earth Day! We read books by candlelight. The kids didn't mind a bit! It was very nice and quiet.
* This week I've found new flowers blooming in our yard. I was THRILLED to find jasmine blooming on the gate!
I love jasmine.
Then I found honeysuckle on the back fence.
That brings back memories; we always had it growing on our fence where I grew up and I was always sucking the 'honey' out of the blossoms!
I also found some purple flowers growing just behind the back fence.
I broke off some branches, picked a purple blossom, and put them in a vase on a shelf in the kitchen. They smell wonderful!
Hope y'all have a wonderful Spring Weekend!
for more Friday Fragments, visit Half-Past Kissin' Time.