12.24.2008

A Very Merry Christmas



For the past four years, every Christmas has gotten better and better for me. I haven't enjoyed Christmas this much since I was a child. This year is better than ever. I am so blessed with my husband, children, family, friends, and pets. I know it's really hard this year for so many people, and I am so grateful for everything that we have.


Because we have Enough. We don't have extravagances, we don't have many luxuries. But we have Enough. And to all of my blog friends, this Christmas...I wish you Enough.


I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.


I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.


I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.


I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.


I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.


I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.


I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."


~Bob Perks

Merry Christmas!

14 comments:

Piper of Love said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and thanks for perking me up!

I have to go back to the kitchen now, otherwise I'd write more :)

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

tiarastantrums said...

that was beautiful!

Happy Holidays!

Tara R. said...

What a wonderful sentiment. Wishes to you and yours too for a joyful Christmas and an even better New Year.

Anonymous said...

that was beautiful!!
happy holidays, honey...to you and yours!
xoxo,
melissa

GypsiAdventure said...

Merry Christmas and I too wish you enough!
~K

Bad Momma said...

You really are rich! Merry Christmas!

Alison said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family also...great poem, thanks for the reminder.

Mama Wheaton said...

Christmas is almost over and I wnated to let you know it was enough! Merry Christmas

A New Yorker said...

Hope you had a wonderful Xmas.

AdriansCrazyLife said...

So glad you had a nice Christmas too. We have ENOUGH and more than enough and that's a good thing, even if we only have one internet port for four computer ;-( But what a luxury that we even have four computers!

Big hugs to you and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new blog design. Very pretty.

anymommy said...

Lovely thoughts. Merry Christmas!

Momisodes said...

Such wonderful, warm wishes.

I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas and are enjoying this precious time together.

WheresMyAngels said...

Hope you had a good one!

Many Blessings for the New year!